What is coronavirus?
Coronavirus causes a new illness (COVID-19) that can affect your lungs and airways.
Coronavirus symptoms in most people will be mild – a bit like cold or flu. They include:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- difficulty with breathing (shortness of breath).
A few people will get worse symptoms and need medical attention. People aged over 70 and anyone living with a long-term health condition or weak immune system is more likely to get worse symptoms.
How is coronavirus spread?
Coronavirus probably spreads in cough droplets. Because it’s a new illness, we’re still learning more about it.
To help prevent it spreading, everyone should follow this advice:
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds – use soap and water or a hand sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue use your elbow, not your hands
- Put used tissues in the bin quickly
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus
- Only travel on public transport if you need to
- Work from home, if you can
- Avoid social activities - going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- Avoid events with large groups of people
- Use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services.
Don’t touch your face unless your hands are clean. And don’t have visitors to your home, including friends and family.
If you are self isolating and have no family or friends nearby to support you please get in touch with Peter Gantlett (the Parish Chairman) who may be able to help on 07713114342
Wiltshire Council has produced a community toolkit containing useful information and links to key resources follow…. http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
The Chief Medical Officer has provided new information on self-isolation March 16th
You can follow the official link Public Health England…
These Web Sites will be Regularly Updated
Welcome to . We are a non-profit organisation that, with the help of our members, is trying to bring people together in .